National Innovation Conclave organized by National Research Development Corporation (NRDC) in collaboration with CSIR-Institute of minerals and materials technology (CSIR-IMMT) and United States patent and trademark office (USPTO)


The National Research Development Corporation (NRDC) organized one-day National Innovation Round table Conclave “Innovation, IP Commercialization & Technology Transfer” in collaboration with United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) and CSIR- Institute of Minerals and Materials Technology (CSIR-IMMT), Bhubaneswar on 29th August 2022 in CSIR-IMMT Bhubaneswar, Odisha. This Conclave brought together all the stakeholders from the government, industry experts, academic Universities and institutes, incubators, investors, emerging startup hubs, innovators, incubators and entrepreneurs to one national platform to discuss about the protection and utilization of Intellectual Properties developed by public funded organizations.
The Industry-academia collaborations deliver across-the-board and lasting Socio-economic impact. It is high time to understand the significance of protecting Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) and Technology Transfer in international symmetry by engineers, technologists, scientists, academicians, industrialists, researchers and governance. Proper intellectual property (IP) management and technology transfer processes, as well as access to industry and capital from investors to support the adoption of new technology for successful reach of the technologies to the market. NRDC collaborated with USPTO and CSIR-IMMT to organize this day long national roundtable conclave for the benefit of all the stakeholders”.

Prof S Basu, Director, CSIR-IMMT said that, 60% of the USPTO like to do business in India are from outside. The government organization creates less than 30-40% jobs while the rest 60% is filled by the private limited. This is only possible if we grow startup. The only way to develop and create jobs and wealth in India we should have large number of starts up. For that we have gathered here to promote the awareness how important innovation is. In Odisha I want to highlight that the social entrepreneurship have huge scope. We have worked at Navrangpur in RKVAY project, 5 of them are CSIR, 3 are from ICAR and one from ICMR and one DBT lab. Today Navrangpur is at the 5th position among the asprational district. To do social entrepreneurship and to create awareness we have gathered here. We wish we have a big startup community.
United States IP Counselor to South Asia, Mr John Cabeca, CMD, NRDC Commodore Amit Rastogi (Retd), Prof S Basu, Director, CSIR-IMMT, Mrs Abha Mishra, Head, UNDP Odisha, Dr Ashok Sahu, Chief Scientist, CSIR-IMMT and many universities Vice Chancellors and Scientists along with industries representative, representatives of USPTO, Union and State governments and other beneficiaries joined this platform to share their experiences. Create an innovation ecosystem capable of bridging the gap between research, innovation and economic impact of the nation as outlined by Honorable Prime Minister of India on the eve of 75th Independence Day an Inspirational slogan “Jai Anusandhan” for the next 25th to move forward for innovation and technology development. The Programme was organized by Dr Mustakim , CSIR-IMMT-Incubation Centre InTEC and well coordinated by Dr Bijaya Kumar Sahu, Sr. Regional Manager NRDC.


Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.